Camco is working with terminals worldwide to optimize the way they operate
Camco Technologies, leader in innovative visual and micro-location based process automation solutions for terminal operators, announced the successful implementation of a comprehensive Auto Gate system at Hutchison Ports Sohar, Oman.
“We are honored that Hutchison Ports Sohar, strategically located in the Gulf region and thus a prime regional hub in the Middle East, decided to partner with us to automate their gate processes,” says Anton Bernaerd, Business Development Director at Camco. “Camco’s visual based Process Automation Solutions will contribute to the overall productivity, performance and safety on the container terminal.”
Both the terminal Main Gate and Side Gate have been equipped with Camco’s OCR Camera Portals, processing container data and capturing images for condition recording. In the subsequent Gate Lanes, Driver Kiosks are installed, which validate all data and present drop and pick-up zone. Constant communication with the TOS ensures correct and timely decisions.
The system combines smart card technology, optical character recognition (OCR) cameras and unmanned driver kiosks to allow registered drivers to directly drive through Hutchison Ports Sohar terminal gates with no documentation or delays. Drivers no longer need to exit their vehicles while shipping and logistics companies can expect easier gate transactions with Hutchison Ports Sohar.
“This solution significantly reduces the global costs of gate operations and leads to higher operating efficiency, better productivity and profitability,” continues Anton Bernaerd.
“We experienced a very smooth ‘go live’ with minimal interruption in our day-to-day business,” said Head of IT at Hutchison Ports Sohar. “This is mainly thanks to the very professional team involved in the engineering and installation phase. The results speak for themselves; we’re processing trucks through our gates faster than ever and have effectively been able to increase our operating capacity at the gates,” he continued.
Hutchison Ports Sohar, formerly known as Oman International Container Terminal (OICT), is a joint-venture between Hutchison Ports, the Government of the Sultanate of Oman, the Dutch logistics company Steinweg, and other Omani investors.
Camco Technologies – founded in 1999 – is the leading technology company in innovative terminal automation solutions and services. Camco contributes to the overall productivity, performance and safety on container, intermodal and rail terminals delivering high-end visual and micro-location based Process Automation Solutions. For exception-free automated handover processes, terminals benefit from Camco’s advanced engineered solutions: OCR truck & rail portals, crane OCR systems, driver kiosks, LandSide Transfer Point kiosks at terminal interchange zones, Micro Location Technology, and seamless overall integration with TOS providers.
Read Camco Times 5 Newsletter.
- Opening of Camco Dubai
- Interview with Hutchison Ports Sohar, Oman
- MCT Moerdijk uses mobile app to speed up gate process
- Camco launches 3rd generation OCR Portal
- New Camco warehouse and workshops operational
- Moving towards Industry 4.0
- Position Guidance System for SC and TT alignment under STS Crane
- Camco’s Crane OCR solutions
- Newest Camco customer projects
Camco presents its latest Terminal & Gate Process Automation solutions at TOC Middle East held in Dubai this year.
Among our solutions:
- Crane OCR: new generation SideCatcher and BoxCatcher systems.
- Ground-breaking Micro Location Technology allowing easy and accurate Auto-handover.
- Truck and Rail OCR portals – Best of Class!
We will be more than happy to meet you at booth B23 to deep dive in these state-of-the-art solutions.
Camco Sales Team
Read Camco Times Newsletter issue 4.
- TOC Europe Hamburg: Interviews with customers: HHLA CTA, HHLA CTB, LHG Lübeck
- Hidden impact of drone technology on terminal automation
- Camco’s WatchPoint monitoring application
- Meet the people behind the Support cases
- Newest Camco customer projects
In November 2015, we published our 3rd Camco Times Newsletter. In this issue, you’ll read articles about:
- Celebrating 15 years Camco. Reflections about the past & future.
- KPI reporting: Focus on exception jobs instead of read rates. Camco is moving towards a new way of reporting OCR results, focusing on the number of exception jobs for operators.
- TrackView for rail operators. Our Rail OCR solution now supports live shunting. In the TGO, operators can use TrackView to see the inventory on the shunting tracks, and can work more exception-driven.
- Camco’s 2016 roadmap: SideCatcher, BoxCatcher 2nd generation IPT rails, 3rd generation cameras, Position Detection System and VMT.
- Successful shift to prefabrication of kiosks and BoxCatcher rails.
- Investments in warehouse infrastructure.
- Qingdao, China’s first fully-automated terminal. Start of our QQCTI project.
- Local branches and partnerships. Local storage, distribution and support to better serve our worldwide customers.
- New projects. MPET, LBCT, VICT, CFL Bettembourg.
- Moerdijk Container Terminals. Customer case.
- Meet our Sales team.
- Revenue 2014.
- Camco launches mobile-friendly and restyled website.
In 2014, Camco Technologies achieved a 10 percent growth in revenue. Camco continues to strengthen its position on international markets, with more than half of the 2014 revenue (54%) coming from global projects outside Europe. The geographical spread of the contracts is indicated in the chart.
46% of the 2014 revenue originates from European clients, with several major projects in the UK, the Netherlands and Belgium. Clients in the US, Canada and South America make up 26%, while Australia contributes 13%. Projects in the Middle-East and South-Africa make up 13% and 2% respectively.
Camco’s global trajectories continue in 2015: Camco signed its first major project in Qingdao, China, together with its Shanghai-based partner Westing.
We are expanding our team in Leuven. We are looking for talented people to join our Software Development, Project Engineering, Support and Production teams.
Read more about the open positions under Jobs.
Visit Camco Technologies on stand A24 at El Panama Hotel in Panama, during TOC Americas: 13-15 October 2015.
For more info: www.tocevents-americas.com