To strenghten our Camco Technologies Long Beach (CA) team, we are looking for a Long Beach-based field technician / technical support engineer. (50% each) You will perform installations, maintenance and service tasks of technical client installations at container terminals in the Americas and be part of a team providing remote technical customer support.
Your job description
Field Technician (50%)
- Perform service interventions at client sites in USA & Canada mainly and South America occasionally.
- Understand technical problems effectively through proper analysis, evaluation and diagnosis.
- Perform work orders according to the applicable standards and safety instructions.
- Prepare and submit service reports, maintenance records and installation reports.
- Build positive relationships with customers by providing outstanding and excellent services
- Adjust equipment according to requirements.
- Instal parts of industrial systems according to documentation.
- Diagnose system errors with PC
- Configure and test technical equipment.
- Identify wor, broken, or dysfunctional components for repair or replacement.
Support Engineer (50%)
- You will be part of a team providing technical customer support. The current team of 14 engineers is based in Europe (Belgium).
- You work in Long Beach together with 4 colleagues during US West Coast extended day hours (between 9 am and 9 pm) , to relieve the European team.
- You work in day-shifts, Monday through Sunday. (Rotation during weekends).
- You work in a 4-day or 5-day working week
- You follow-up on customer inquiries from terminal operators, maintenance personnel and technicians worldwide, by email and phone.
- You resolve inquiries within the agreed timings and escalate further where needed.
- You are the first point of contact for customers in case of a defect, outage or problem.
- You are a good listener who is able to identify customer needs. You feel comfortable further inquiring a customer to clearly identify the issues.
- If you cannot resolve a customer inquiry yourself, you will discuss this internally, and provide customer feedback within the agreed timings.
- You take ownership of the customer inquiry and strive to come to result-driven solutions.
- You must obtain a professional manner at all times, remain courteous and strive to deliver excellent customer services.
- Professional degree in Electromechanics, ICT or Electronics.
- Profound knowledge of mechanics and electricity.
- Preferably 2 years work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Other languages are an asset.
- Additional skills:
- Knowledge of networks and ICT is an asset.
- Strong administrative and communicative skills.
- You know how to prioritize, are well-organized and a good planner.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Personal skills: working in team as well as autonomously, communicative, planning and organizing, customer-oriented, managing stress, systematic and accurate, flexible, logical thinker, following work instructions, willing to learn, result-oriented
What we offer
- A challenging job in a high-tech and steadily growing company (160 employees), with opportunity to further develop your skills.
- Permanent contract with competitive salary package.
- Possibility to travel to Europe for training purposes and meeting the European team