Your job description
You will be part of a team selling terminal automation projects in a worldwide niche market. This market includes ports, container, rail and Ro-Ro terminals. Camco’s automation projects relate to the handover process of goods transported by road, rail and sea. Prospects and customers are multinational container terminal operators, private companies and port authorities. In the next years, the focus will be mainly on North-America, South-America, Middle-East, Africa and Asia.
As genuine engineering company, Camco designs, develops and implements its own technologies. Hardware and software systems include intelligent industrial cameras, self-service kiosks, traffic control systems, real-time location solutions, process software and image analysis software.
As a Business Developer:
- You will combine Account Manager and Business Developer responsibilities. As Account Manager, you will build and maintain strong relationships with existing customers. As Business Developer, you will build your own portfolio of new customers within your designated territory. You will identify, develop and analyze market opportunities.
- By understanding and addressing the needs of (future) customers, you help grow Camco’s market share.
- You contribute to the implementation of Sales and Marketing strategies and build strategic relationships with major market players.
- You work in team and communicate clearly with colleagues. Excellent team work is key.
- You thrive on the successful delivery of customer solutions.
- You work in an international and multi-cultural context, showing sincere interest, open communication, strategic insight and empathy.
- You create offers, present upgrade proposals to customers, prepare replies to international RFTs, provide content for newsletters and press releases, feed and renew the corporate website, give presentations … In a nutshell, a diverse job with many challenges and responsibilities.
- Preferably a Master’s degree with 5 years relevant work experience in a similar B2B job.
- Proficient knowledge of both written and spoken English and Dutch. Other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese …) are an asset.
- Excellent communicator who uses empathy, diplomacy and strategic insight to achieve excellent results. The telephone will be your daily companion.
- You see worldwide travel for short periods (max. 1 week) as an opportunity rather than a necessity. Initially, your work is focused on identifying the market. Afterwards, travel will take up +/-30% of your time.
- Taking up challenges, organizing, coordinating and coming up with the right customer solutions strongly appeals to you. Instead of observing, you like to take initiative and ownership.
- A technical background is not a must. But you do have a sincere interest in logistics and technology: industrial cameras, vision technology, access control, biometrics, RFID, RTLS, GPS, ….
- You are committed, energetic and demonstrate a genuine passion for your work. Your enthusiasm is contagious and inspires others. You are client and result-driven, optimistic, persevering and enterprising.
What we offer
- You work with a team of passionate and result-driven business developers.
- You work in a medium-sized technology company that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship.
- Diverse and challenging position in an exciting sector where you can make the difference on an international level.
- Permanent contract with competitive salary package and company car.
- Open and informal company culture.