Your job description
To strengthen our customer support team, we are looking for a US-based Support Engineer.
You will work from our US office in Long Beach (CA), in shifts during extended day hours between 9 am and 9 pm and from Monday through Sunday.
- You will be part of a team providing technical customer support. The current team of 14 engineers is based in Europe (Belgium).
- You work in Long Beach during US West Coast extended day hours (between 9 am and 9 pm) , to relieve the European team.
- You work in day-shifts, Monday through Sunday. (Rotation during weekends).
- Possibility to travel to Europe for training purposes and meeting the European team.
- You follow-up on customer inquiries from terminal operators, maintenance personnel and technicians worldwide, by email and phone.
- You resolve inquiries within the agreed timings and escalate further where needed.
- You are the first point of contact for customers in case of a defect, outage or problem.
- You are a good listener who is able to identify customer needs. You feel comfortable further inquiring a customer to clearly identify the issues.
- If you cannot resolve a customer inquiry yourself, you will discuss this internally, and provide customer feedback within the agreed timings.
- You take ownership of the customer inquiry and strive to come to result-driven solutions.
- You must obtain a professional manner at all times, remain courteous and strive to deliver excellent customer services.
- Genuine interest in ICT/technical support.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Other languages are an asset.
- Excellent communicator, diplomatic, result-driven, and customer-oriented.
- You know how to prioritize, are well-organized and a good planner.
- Your key skills are: customer-focused, problem-solver, result-driven, focused, communicative, eager to learn.