Your job description
To strenghten our Camco Technologies Long Beach (CA) field technician team, we are looking for a Long Beach-based field technician. You will perform installations, maintenance and service tasks of technical client installations at container terminals in the Americas.
- Perform installations, tests and configurations within the team of technicians under supervision of a Project or Support Engineer.
- Perform service interventions at client sites in USA & Canada mainly and South America occasionally.
- Understand technical problems effectively through proper analysis, evaluation and diagnosis.
- Perform work orders according to the applicable standards and safety instructions.
- Prepare and submit service reports, maintenance records and installation reports.
- Build positive relationships with customers by providing outstanding and excellent services.
- Professional degree in Electromechanics.
- Profound knowledge of mechanics and electricity.
- Preferably 2 years work experience.
- Knowledge of networks and ICT is an asset.
- Strong administrative and communicative skills.
- Team player.
- Eager and willing to learn.
- Result-driven, autonomous, flexible, hands-on.
- Willing to travel: 80%.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Job related skills:
- Adjusting equipment according to requirements.
- Installing parts of industrial systems according to documentation.
- Updating technical documentation of equipment and installations.
- Writing reports on interventions and reporting back to your manager.
- Determining installation errors and preparing resolutions.
- Connecting a computer to a client installation to investigate errors.
- Configuring and testing technical equipment.
- Identifying which system components need to be replaced or repaired.
- Organizing, planning and following up on preventive or corrective maintenance tasks.
- Personal skills: working in team and autonomously, communicative, planning and organizing, customer-oriented, dealing with stress, systematic and accurate, flexible, logical thinker, following work instructions, willing to learn, result-oriented
What we offer
- A challenging job in a high-tech and steadily growing company (140 employees), with opportunity to further develop your skills.
- Permanent contract with competitive salary package.
Possibility to travel to Europe for training purposes and meeting the European team